Sunday, March 28, 2010

March Madness!

The month of March has brought nicer weather, new jobs and lots of basketball for the Reads! We've spent several afternoons at the park a few miles from our house thanks to the warmer spring temps. We are perfectly fine with seeing no more snow until next year! Louisville is so beautiful and it's fun to be outside. There are several parks near us and it's so nice to walk the trails and paths.

I accepted a job in Admissions at the seminary last week!! The position is called Guest Services Coordinator, and I'll be work with prospective students, trying to make their experience visiting Southern first-class. I'll represent the seminary at conferences and events, and I'm excited about the staff I'll be working with. Since my temporary job isn't over yet (the lady is still out on maternity leave), starting tomorrow, I'll be spending half of my day in the Admissions office and the other half in the Operations office. Thankfully, both of these departments are willing to be flexible and split my time! I don't mind working in both areas for a few more weeks. I'm so thankful God has provided a full-time job in His perfect timing. Jason and I will still drive to work/school together each day, which is a huge plus!

We've been glued to our tv the past few weekends watching the NCAA tournament. We love cheering for the "under dogs," and probably our favorite game so far has been watching Butler beat Syracuse! We were hoping Wofford and Clemson would have made if farther than they did. Unfortunately, the Kentucky Wildcats were unable to beat West Virginia last night, so the bracket I filled out is toast. I had Kentucky winning it all!

Next weekend we are heading to Spartanburg to spend Easter with the entire Mathis fam and to host a shower for Megan, our sister-in-law, who is expecting twin boys! The boys are due late this summer, and we cannot wait to shower Meg with gifts and support for these two little guys!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job. Perfect provision.

    I love that you were SO excited about our twins- and now you get your own twin nephews! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that job sounds so fun!! you will be perfect for it. also, congrats on the twins!! that is awesome! we miss you!

    ReplyDelete