Jason started classes two weeks ago, and my temporary job started the day after. I took a job as an Administrative Assistant for the VP of Operations at the seminary, and I am absolutely loving it. I'm filling in for a lady who just had a baby. Thankfully I was able to train with her for three days, but her baby came early, so I've been on my own for a week now. She's planning to come back in three months, so I'm still on the hunt for a permanent full-time job. Jason and I are both ready for the job searching to be over. It will be a relief when I've got a good-paying job, because right now we're not sure if he needs to be looking for one too. Our preference is that school can be his full-time job.
The temp job been such a blessing - we ride to the seminary in the morning - I go to work, Jason goes to class. When he's not in class, he's studying, and then we ride home together after work!! Also, we've been taking advantage of the workout room at the seminary, and are loving the indoor track!
Jason really loves his classes, especially Greek! He had the alphabet down before the first day of class, and has been teaching me some words. He's learning so much in all of his classes, and I'm enjoying hearing him talk about everything. I'm taking a class too - well, it's not for seminary credit, but it's with the Seminary Wives Institute. It's really cool! Well known professors at the seminary and their wives volunteer to teach class every Thursday night for two hours for wives of seminary students to help prepare them to serve alongside their husbands. I'm taking "Redeeming the Time," which basically helps you manage your time and your household!! Our homework the first week was to buy a planner! So I'm not spending quite as much time as Jason studying for my class...
So far, we've spent every other two weekends with one set of our parents - I'm not sure how it's worked out that way. My parents came three weekends ago, and Jason's parents came in from Indiana yesterday. Beth, Jason's sister who lives here, bought Beatles Rock Band and we rocked it way into the night last night. Even my in-laws were jamming! We're looking forward to spending more time with them today and tomorrow.
Our church in Spartanburg (Hope Point) has been sponsoring an orphanage in Haiti for several years. Jason and I sponsor a child at the orphanage - Stevenson. Two men from the church (good friends of ours) are going to Haiti this next week to help find a new home for the orphanage and help out with many other things. Please pray for their safety and that they are able to help so many hurting there.
A few shout-outs to friends of ours who have just had or are about to have babies: Congrats to Jamie and Brandon on the birth of James Bradford, Congrats to Shane and Kristin on the birth of Halle, and we are praying for Kelley and Jonathan as their TWIN boys are due this coming week!!
hey you two
ReplyDeletei love reading the blog
thanks for the updates :)
i love Greek! that was my fave subject I did my snr year. Keep practicing Jason!
ReplyDelete-Rach Hansen