This first week has been fun and challenging! It was very hard to say goodbye to both my parents and Jason's parents after they helped us move in - through the snow! - and help us start to get settled. We've still got boxes to go through, but for the most part, have our new home put together. We're lucky to have great upstairs neighbors - Hannah and Tyler. They've been living here for two years and we hope to become good friends with them.

Jason's sister and brother-in-law and our adorable nephew live five minutes away from us! It was so fun to go over there Monday night and be able to hang out and watch a basketball game. In the past, we've only been able to spend limited time with them at holidays, but now we live in the same city! Above is a picture of the duplex we're living in. We've got the downstairs and love it!
I'm so thankful for the part time job I have right now, as it is the only job either of us have right now! I did have an interview this past Monday, but after praying with Jason and thinking through our finances, I didn't take it as we wouldn't be able to afford our rent and Jason's tuition from the income. The part time job is giving us a bit of a cushion as I continue hard searching for a full-time job, and trust that God will provide!
We've laughed and cried this week alot! Since Jason hasn't started classes yet, we've spent alot of time together, which has been great, but we're also looking so forward to meeting new friends. Hopefully that will happen soon as he starts classes and I join the SWI (Seminary Wives Insitute) at the end of the month. Also, my sister-in-law, has invited me to join the book club she's in, and I'm really excited about that!
We've already become huge Skype fans! We've loved our conversations with Anna, Mary, my parents, Jason's parents and the Ramantanins! Especially Johnny showing off his muscles from all the new working out he's been doing with Josh. We are so thankful to get to talk to friends and family over the internet. If you've got an account, let us know!!

Jason's sister and brother-in-law and our adorable nephew live five minutes away from us! It was so fun to go over there Monday night and be able to hang out and watch a basketball game. In the past, we've only been able to spend limited time with them at holidays, but now we live in the same city! Above is a picture of the duplex we're living in. We've got the downstairs and love it!
I'm so thankful for the part time job I have right now, as it is the only job either of us have right now! I did have an interview this past Monday, but after praying with Jason and thinking through our finances, I didn't take it as we wouldn't be able to afford our rent and Jason's tuition from the income. The part time job is giving us a bit of a cushion as I continue hard searching for a full-time job, and trust that God will provide!
We've laughed and cried this week alot! Since Jason hasn't started classes yet, we've spent alot of time together, which has been great, but we're also looking so forward to meeting new friends. Hopefully that will happen soon as he starts classes and I join the SWI (Seminary Wives Insitute) at the end of the month. Also, my sister-in-law, has invited me to join the book club she's in, and I'm really excited about that!
We've already become huge Skype fans! We've loved our conversations with Anna, Mary, my parents, Jason's parents and the Ramantanins! Especially Johnny showing off his muscles from all the new working out he's been doing with Josh. We are so thankful to get to talk to friends and family over the internet. If you've got an account, let us know!!
hey Deb!! love the blog!!! can't wait to hear how things are going with you guys! sounds like you are off to a great start. the house looks really nice! praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteLove the blog, the house, the neighbors, the plans....most of all, I love you!!
ReplyDeleteLovvvvvvvve the blog Debbie !! We have a Skype account!
ReplyDeleteLove the Reads!!!